Copyright © MY LAW, LLC Immigration & Tax Law Firm. All Rights Reserved
Immediate Relatives Green Card Application
1. Spouses of U.S. Citizens (Green Card Through Marriage)
2. Unmarried individuals under the age of 21 who have at least one U.S. citizen parent
3. Parents of U.S. citizens, if the U.S. citizen child is over the age of 21 (Green Card for Parents)
1. Family First Preference: Unmarried individuals, any age, who have at least one U.S. citizen parent
2. Family Second Preference: 2A-Spouses and children under 21 years old of green card holders and 2B-unmarried sons and daughters of green card holders who are at least 21 years old
3. Family Third Preference: Married individuals, any age, who have at least one U.S. citizen parent
4. Family Fourth Preference: Sisters and brothers of U.S. citizens, where the U.S. citizen is at least 21 years old.
Conditional Residency and Marriage
Removal of conditional residence status and conversion to unrestricted permanent residence status
K-1 Fiance visa (U.S. citizen sponsoring fiancé to come to U.S. for marriage)
K-3 Spouse Visa (U.S. citizen sponsoring married spouse to come to U.S.)
Apply for citizenship
Section 245(i) of the Act (8 U.S.C. 1255(i)) allows certain aliens with an immigrant visa immediately available to them to apply to adjust status upon payment of a $1,000 surcharge, even though the alien entered the United States without inspection or does not meet the maintenance of status and authorized employment requirements of section 245(c) of the Act (8 U.S.C. 1255(c)).
Who qualifies for the green card through marriage to a US Citizen:
1. Any U.S. Citizen in the United States with a Foreign National Spouse who entered the U.S. legally with a visa or a visa waiver.
2. It is OK if the visa or I-94 has expired.
3. Canadian Citizens are not required to show proof of legal entry.
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
U.S. Department of Labor
Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Department of State
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
American Institute in Taiwan
1700 Park Street
MY LAW, LLC Immigration Law Firm
1700 Park Street, Suite 203 Naperville IL 60563