(630) 903-9625

                  1700 Park Street

                        Suite    203


                          IL  60563



H1B Work Visa

H1B visa Application

H1B Visa Process Basic Requirements 
​The H-1B job must be a professional position that requires, at a minimum, a bachelor's degree in the field of specialization. The H-1B occupation must also normally require a bachelor's degree as a minimum for entry into the occupation. 

How Will I Know If I Meet the Requirements for H-1B visa process? 
​If you are the employer or employee and need an immigration attorney for your H-1B case, please contact us for a free evaluation. 

How Long Can I Stay in the U.S. With an H-1B? 
​Your first H-1B visa is generally 3 years and can be extended for another 3 years. In certain circumstances, you can extend your H-1B beyond 6 years. 

When Should My Employer Apply For My H-1B Visa? 
​The earliest application date is April 1 and the earliest you can begin working using an approved H-1B is October 1. There are a limited number of H-1B visas each year. The cap is 65,000 for H-1B applicants with bachelor's degrees and an additional 20,000 for applications with Master's degrees or higher degrees. If H-1B cap is met, then you will need to wait until April 1 nex year to apply. 

How Much Are the Government Filing Fees? 
​The government fees are as follows:
Application fee - $460
Anti-fraud fee - $500
​Training fee - $750 if employer has 25 or fewer full-time employees, otherwise $1,500. 

How Long Will It Take The Government To Process My H1B Visa Application? 
Generally, the processing time is approximately 3-5 months. 15 day premium processing is available for an additional government fee. 

​My Law, LLC Can Help Resolve These Common Problems When Applying for H-1B:

1.  H-1B wage is below the prevailing wage - The employer must certify that it will pay the H-1B employee at least the prevailing wage. The prevailing wage is the salary paid to workers in similar occupations in the geographic area of the intended employment.

​2.  Employer is unwilling to pay any of the government filing fees or attorney's fee - The employer must at least pay the anti-fraud fee. The H-1B employee can pay the other fees but this may cause his wage to drop below the prevailing wage. 

3.  My degree is different than the degree required for the H-1B job. 

​4.  My OPT will expire before I can start working using my H-1B.

My Law LLC Immigration & Tax Lawyers in Naperville, DuPage CountyMy Law LLC Immigration & Tax Lawyers | Attorney Paul Yu for Naperville, DuPage County
My Law LLC Immigration & Tax Lawyers
1700 Park Street Suite 203 Naperville DuPage County IL 60563
Phone: (630) 903-9625